Homemade Ginseng Recipes
Ginseng and Cow's Head Soup with Rice
100g of red ginseng, white ginseng, red ginseng, cow's head meat, 100g of the brisket of beef, 600g of the bones of a cow's legs, 2 ginseng roots, parched salt, 1 ts sliced welsh onion and garlic, 1/2 cup extra sauce ingredients (soy sauce+water), 1 ts salt, 2 Ts ginger extract, 1 Ts garlic extract, 1 Ts grain syrup, 10g of welsh onion root, 10g of celery leaves
1. Soak cow's head meat and the brisket of beef in water during a night and remove blood. Put those meat, the bones of a cow's legs and ginseng in a pot and add water no more than 2/3 full. Boil a pot over high heat. 2. Once it boils, make heat low and let it cool. After that, remove oil on the surface and boil it again. And slice meat. Serve meat with soup. Or serve meat on a separate dish, which is boiled beef, Suyuk. 3. Put sliced welsh onion, garlic and parched salt on a dish. Serve Suyuk with sauce.
Ginseng Chicken Soup
1 young chicken, 1 fresh ginseng root, 2 jujubes, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 Ts glutinous rice, hulled glutinous millet, sesame, 1/2 of ginger
1. Wash ginseng root, jujubes, garlic, ginger, glutinous rice, hulled glutinous millet, sesame.Stuff
chicken's abdomen with those materials and tie legs with a string.
2. Place the chicken in a pot and pour water enough to cover it. Boil the chicken over high heat. Once it
boils, remove bubbles on the surface. Then cover again and let it cook for a long time until the chicken
and the stuffing are tender.
3. Use a clay or stone pot for filling dish with the chicken soup and serve with roasted salt and black
1 cup of glutinous rice, 3 ginseng roots, 40 jujubes, 3 cloves of ginger, salt, sugar(or honey)
1. Wash glutinous rice in advance and soak it in the water. And wash ginseng and jujubes.
2. Scrape ginger off skin clearly and wash it.
3. Put those ingredients in a large pot and boil it filled with water. Once it boils, make heat very low not to
overflow and boil it with stirring occasionally not to burn.
4. When glutinous rice gets very soft and thick, strain it through a sieve.
5. Drink it with salt, sugar or honey.
Fresh Ginseng White Kimchi
1 whole Chinese cabbage, 1/2 root of fresh ginseng, 1/4 of radish, 1/2 of an apple, 1/2 of a pear, 50g of slices of boiled meat, 2 chestnut, 2 jujubes, 2 dropwort stems, 2 octopus legs, 3 roots of leek, Dongchimi juice
※ glutinous rice seasoning:1 Ts glutinous rice powder, 1/2 cup of broth, 1Ts sliced salted shrimps, 200g of fresh shrimps, 1/4 of grated pear, 1/4 of grated apple, 2 Ts salted anchovies, 2 Ts sliced garlic, 1 ts sliced ginger
※ Dongchimi :5 radishes, 4 cup of salt, 100g of Codium fragile, little welsh onion. Ginger and garlic, 1/2 of pear and apple, 100g of dropwort and welsh onion root, fermented red pepper, welsh onion's white root, salt
1. Selcect small one out of Chinese cabbages and soak it in salt water during one night.
2. Next day wash Chinese cabbage clearly and shake it with a sieve to dry up. And cut the bottom of
Chinese cabbage. Remove 4 outer leaves of Chinese cabbage and cut the rest into 4 cm in the length
of each side.
3. Cut radish, apple, pear, slices of boiled meat, Chinese cabbage, chestnut, dropwort stems, fresh
octopus and leek into the same length.
And pick up ginseng that has boiled down for making Dongchimi juice and cut it into the same length.
Mix those ingredients with glutinous rice seasoning
4. Cross outer leaves and put those on a dish. Put seasoning in leaves and wrap it. Mix some salted
anchovies in the pot. Put 1 portion of it in a dish with Dongchimi juice.
※ Making Dongchimi : Slice apple, pear and put those with Codium fragile, little leek, fermented red pepper, ginger, whole garlic, dropwort root, leek root in gauze and put it in the bottom of pot.
Put enough salt on large plate and roll a radish on it. And pile it up in a pot.
Add salt in mineral water. Let boiled fresh ginseng water cool and mix it in mineral water.
Pour this water in a pot and cover with salted radish leaves not to float a radish.
Kimchi made with ginseng ripens quickly because of ginseng saponin. Don't preserve it for a long time.
Because taste of Dongchimi is affected by Kimchi juice, use mineral water as you can. When you use tap water, keep received water during one night. Ripen it for 15 days in fall and for 2 or 3 days in summer.
Seasoned Fresh Ginseng Roast
10 fresh ginseng root, 5 Ts Gochujang, 1 Ts sugar, sliced welsh onion, sliced garlic, powdered sesame mixed with salt, sesame oil, soy sauce (oil sauce ingredients-soy sauce, sesame oil with 1:1 mix ratio)
1. Trim fresh ginseng and chop it up into 5 cm and put oil sauce on it.
2. Make seasoning with Gochujang, sliced welsh onion, sliced garlic, powdered sesame mixed with salt, sesame oil, soy sauce.
3. Cook fresh ginseng with oil sauce over fire with grill and put Gochujang seasoning on it and roast it not
※ Roasting fresh ginseng on grill with oiled aluminum foil is more delicious.
200g of beef, 1/2 of undried ginseng, 1 bowl of rice, crown daisy, little welsh onion
Seasoning for beef : 3 Ts boiled ginseng water , 1/4 of onion, 1 Ts sliced garlic, 1 ts sliced leek, sesame oil, pepper
1. Make rice shape of what you want and roast it over low heat.
2. Boil sea tangle, leek root, fruit peel in water until water becomes cohesive.
(Keep this extract in a refrigerator and add 1 Ts to a fish or meat dish. It smells good.)
3. Mix the extract in boiled ginseng water and add soy sauce, starch syrup, grated onion, leek, pepper,
sesame oil. And put beef in it. Roast beef and serve it with sliced fresh ginseng.
4. Serve rice, Bulgogi with crown daisy, little leek. This is delicious Bulgogi Baekban.
1. Wash ginseng and cut ginseng, chestnut in round shape.
2. Prepare thin and flat pork and season pork with pepper, salt. And roll pork with ginseng and chestnut.
3. Put wheat flour, eggs, bread crumb on rolled pork in order and fry it in oil.
4. Make sauce with mixing tomato ketchup and mayonnaise.
5. Put fried pork on a plate and serve it with sauce.
1. Sieve mixed wheat flour, salt and baking powder. Add milk and oil to sieved wheat flour and knead
flour. Put it on oiled pizza pan and make the outline round.
2. Wash fresh ginseng and mince ginseng root and chop main root.
3. Season beef with soy sauce, sugar, garlic and sesame oil and fry beef with the root hair of ginseng,
onion, sliced carrot.
4. Put fried ingredients on kneading. Put sliced ginseng and green pepper on it and put cheese, tomato
ketchup in order. Roast it at 218℃ in the oven for 20 minutes.
Ginseng Preserved in Honey
※ Ginseng preserved in honey :
10 fresh ginseng roots, 1/2 cup of honey, 4 Ts starch syrup, 1/2 cup of sugar
※ Fruits preserved in honey :
each 1 of apple, pear and apricot, 2 cup of water, 3/4 cup of white sugar